Re: Neil and Willie/Tapes

snopes (snopes@snopes.com)
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:44:57 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Denise Primm wrote:

> I am fascinated by the Neil-Willie relationship. It was obviously forged
> during their stint as co-Sandbaggers. Normally I would not think Neil was
> the kind of person Willie would even want to associate with. But he
> evidently found qualities in him worth his loyalty.

Remember the episode with Willie and Karen on the hijacked plane? Neil
absolutely insisted that they had to set a rescue effort -- no matter
how futile -- in motion, because Sandbaggers had to have absolute
confidence that he would use every means available to extricate them
from trouble. At the end, when Willie and Karen rescued themselves,
Willie matter-of-factly asked Neil what type of rescue had been planned.
Neil was definitely unlikeable, but he did merit the loyalty.

- David